Here are some helpful seasonal ordinances to assist you in maintaining your property.
- Sec. 813: Storage of recreation equipment or trailers – recreational equipment or trailers shall be stored or parked in a garage or carport, beyond the nearest portion of a building to the street. The recreational equipment or trailer may be parked anywhere on the residential premise for no longer than 48 hours, for loading or unloading purposes, or for a period of one week for the purpose of repairs or maintenance. The recreational equipment may not be used for living, or sleeping while at the residence. The recreational equipment may not have fixed water, electrical, sewer, or gas connection while being stored at the residence. Recreational equipment or trailers may be stored on a side yard providing it does not eliminate light or air circulation to the adjoining properties. Recreational vehicle or trailers must be good repair and currently licensed.
- Sec. 46-97: Removal of shopping carts - Any person may not remove shopping carts from the premise of any grocery store, supermarket, store, in the city, regardless of intent. It is unlawful for any person to abandon any shopping cart on any street, alley or public place within the city of Center Line.
- Penalty for a violation of a local ordinance is at the discretion of the 37th District Court Center Line, but maybe punishable by a fine of not more than $500.00, costs of the prosecution or by imprisonment of not more than 90 days in the county jail.
- Sec.62-21: Sports equipment in right-of-way prohibited
- Prohibited conduct. No person or persons shall place in any right-of-way, sidewalk, public street, any portable or fixed basketball net, backboard or other piece of equipment for the purpose of playing basketball or any other sport for which the equipment can be used.
- Any person violating shall be subject to a warning first, a fine of $100.00 for a second and a fine of up to $250.00 for subsequent violations. The equipment shall be confiscated and impounded by the Public Safety Department after the second occurrence.
- If the equipment is impounded, the equipment will stored for a maximum of 30 days which will allow the owner to claim the equipment during regular business hours (8am-4pm). A payment of $100.00 is required for a storage fee, and if not claimed within 30 days the equipment shall be disposed of in an appropriate manner.
*** The following is a brief summary of our local ordinances. See full description under “City Ordinances”.
*** The above information is a brief summary of our local ordinances. See full description under “City Ordinances”.