CITY OF CENTER LINE
CITY MANAGER/CITY CLERK/DDA DIRECTOR
DENNIS E. CHAMPINE
WELCOME TO THE MICHIGAN CITY OF CENTER LINE!
"Small Town Lifestyle in the Heart of Metro-Detroit"
I am very proud and fortunate to be serving the community of Center Line, a place that I have personally been affiliated with most of my life. Growing up in Warren just a half mile from the City of Center Line City Hall, I have always respected the independence of the Center Line community. As a young man who traversed the City of Center Line on a daily basis, I learned early on what a unique heritage and history it had, and how different it was when crossing into the city from my hometown. Each time I came into the city, I was reminded of the small town lifestyle that many of my Center Line friends enjoyed, and the people's choice to keep it that way. Although I lived in a neighborhood that was filled with people who looked out for each other, took care of their properties and was focused on community, I learned as the years past that was no longer the case in my old neighborhood, however, not much had changed in Center Line. People and businesses in Center Line have taken ownership of their community, and made sure that it did not suffer the same social-economic fate as other outer-ring communities of Detroit had.
When I was offered the position of City Manager, I made a commitment to keep Center Line's traditional values in tact, and push forward an agenda where our neighborhoods and business districts would survive and prosper. To that end, I, in partnership with your Mayor and City Council, am committed to improving city services, infrastructure, neighborhoods, commercial districts, and industrial corridors for the benefit of the taxpaying public. If you need help getting the services that you expect and deserve, with a smile and respect, please feel free to contact me directly at 586-757-6800 or email me at email@example.com.
I look forward to serving you!
Charter - City Manager
ARTICLE IV. - CITY MANAGER
Sec. 2-52. - Appointment, term, compensation.
The office of city manager is hereby created. The city manager shall be appointed by the city council, and he shall hold office at the pleasure of the council. The city manager shall receive such compensation as is determined by the council.
Sec. 2-53. - Powers and duties
The duties, authorities and responsibilities of the city manager are as follows:
(1) He shall be the chief administrative officer of the city and shall be responsible only to the council.
(2) He shall enforce all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the city or its inhabitants in any public utility franchise or in any contract.
(3) He shall attend all meetings of the council and may participate in any discussion, but he shall not have the right to vote on any question.
(4) He shall keep the council fully advised at all times as to the financial condition and needs of the city.
(5) He shall be responsible to the council for the efficient administration of all city departments.
(6) He is hereby empowered to act as personnel director of all city employees, subject to the provisions of the charter.
(7) He shall perform such other duties as may be required of him by ordinance or by the direction of the council.
CENTER LINE INSIDER - SIGNUP TODAY!
Sign Up today to receive the Center Line Insider newsletter online, directly to your email. You will also receive updates on programs, trips, and events going on in the city.
Yes, Sign Me Up!