WARREN PARKS & REC. DEPARTMENT
Senior and Disabled Transportation Services
A service to help seniors and disabled persons to remain independent for life.
Hours of operation:
Monday –Friday 8:00am to 3:00pm
*All appointments MUST be concluded by 3:00pm. If you go beyond our transportation
hours of 3:00pm, you must make your own arrangements for transportation home.
Transportation office hours:
Monday- Friday 7:30am to 3:00pm
Who is Eligible for Transportation:
1. Any Warren or Center Line resident who is 55 years or age or older or handicapped individuals
2. All appointments must be scheduled through the dispatcher.
3. Please make your requests 2-3 weeks in advance. No day of requests.
4. There are a specific number of appointment slots each day. They will all be done on a first call/first serve basis.
5. Drivers are not allowed to leave the vehicles to assist passengers in any way.
6. Service area is within the city of Warren and Center Line and 1 mile outside of the city limits of Warren.
7. Cancelled appointments must be done at least 2 days in advance.
1. All medical appointments should be scheduled between 10:00am- 3:00pm. No appointments will be taken before 10:00am or after 3:00pm.
2. If you have to wait after you have seen the doctor, please be patient as we have other customers to pick up/drop off.
3. All appointments are a donation of $4.00 per person ($2.00 each way).
1. Pick up time for shopping trips will be between 8:30am-10:30am. We cannot specify an exact time. Please be patient
2. The shopping limit is two shopping bags per person.
3. All shopping trips are a donation of $2.00 per person ($1.00 each way).
4. Passengers are dropped off for 3 hours of shopping.
5. Transportation has mall trips (Oakland, Macomb or Universal) the first Thursday
of each month. Call for a current schedule.
6. The schedule for shopping: Tuesday- Meijer (12 mile & Mound)
Wednesday- WalMart (12 mile & Van Dyke)
1. All hair salons appointments can be scheduled only for Thursdays & Fridays.
Municipal Credit Tickets-SMART
1. Who is Eligible: Seniors beginning at 60 or Handicapped Individuals.
2. Warren Residents ONLY
3. Bus tickets can only be used for SMART transportation
4. To register for the program, you must go to 8207 E. 9 Mile (Owen Jax Rec. Center/one block east of Van Dyke), bring Proof of your Warren Residency with a picture I.D., age and/or Proof of your Disability (note from doctor on their letterhead/with Doctors name, address & phone number, dated within the last 30 days)
5. Once you are registered, you two (2) month allotment of tickets are available at any Warren Parks & Rec. facility.
-Owen Jax (586-757-7480)
-Fitzgerald Rec. Center (4355 E. 9 Mile, east of Ryan Rd., 586-759-0920)
-Stilwell Manor (26600 Burg, south of 11 mile, west of Hoover, 586-758-1300)
-Warren Community Center (5460 Arden, south of 14 mile, west of Mound, 586-268-8400)
6. Any questions call 586-757-7480
*NOTE: Municipal Bus Tickets can not be used for the regular Warren Parks & Rec. Transportation program.